Environmental Dynamics Limited is a locally owned and operated multi-trade company that has provided services in the electrical, controls, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and data/voice cabling fields since 1977. We proudly provide service in the commercial sector, maintenance, and construction fields.
We Pride ourselves on our Family Values, Safety Leadership and Operational Excellence. We offer a competitive industry wages and company paid benefits program.
We are looking for and Sheet Metal Technician to join our dynamic team. Reporting to the Mechanical Project Manager, this position is responsible for assisting with the installation, repair, testing and troubleshooting of sheet metal, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system in commercial buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the journeyman in providing various expert sheet metal and HVAC services to commercial clients in the Edmonton and surrounding areas.
• Assist in reviewing building plans and specifications to determine the layout for sheet metal and HVAC system.
• Assist in completing the installation of the ductwork that distributes the heated or cooled air from the HVAC system, including cutting sheet metal, attaching the ducts to HVAC unit and building structure.
• Measuring, marking and joining sheet metal and HVAC materials as instructed by the journeyman.
• Assist in performing test to ensure secured piping connections between HVAC units, ductwork and distribution system.
• Assist in ensuring all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported, anchored and graded.
• Ensuring all work performed is in line with the requirements of the appropriate municipal, provincial and federal codes.
• Identify and operate required hand tools and energized equipment needed to perform the assigned task.
• Read and follow blueprints, engineering specification, technological processes and SOPs in performing all task assigned.
• Maintain and monitor the use of Company’s Assets (fleet, tools, equipment, etc.) to ensure that they are used with the utmost care.
• Play a significant role by demonstrating long-term support and respect to all current, new, and proposed processes, procedures, policies, and rules.
• Ensure all work being performed by Environmental Dynamics Ltd. is of the best trade standards, industry leading quality, and service excellence.
• Deliver on deadlines and targets, and should deadlines or targets not be achievable in the given time frame, immediately advise and communicate status with all stakeholders.
• Demonstrate ongoing professional ethical standards within the workplace.
• Strive and offer flexible and helpful customer service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and repeat business. Use immediate, proactive, and effective communication with customers at all times.
• Promote and maintain awareness and compliance of health and safety in accordance to industry standards and legal requirements.
• Perform any other duties as required by the manager and/or journeyman.
• This position performs work inside and outside the office environment and may be subject to heat, cold, noise and other environmental factors.
• This position may require working in awkward body positions including climbing, kneeling, reaching, etc.
• Occasional lifting may be required.
• Must be able to work on out of town jobs for weeks at a time
• 2-3 years’ relevant work experience in a commercial and/or construction setting
• Apprentice of Journeyman Sheet Metal trade certificate.
• Practical and theoretical knowledge in building HVAC system
• Experience in preparing and interpreting blue prints
• Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
• Must be willing to work on evenings and weekends if required
• Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Great command of the English Language.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
How to Apply
If you would like to join a company with a work environment that feels like family, where every person is valued equally, and everyone feels truly at home. You've come to the right place. Join Environmental Dynamics by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org