Environmental Dynamics Limited is a locally owned and operated multi-trade company that has provided services in the electrical, controls, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and data/voice cabling fields since 1977. We proudly provide service in the commercial sector, maintenance, and construction fields.
We Pride ourselves on our Family Values, Safety Leadership and Operational Excellence. We offer a competitive industry wages and company paid benefits program.
Since 1977, Environmental Dynamics Ltd has been a locally owned and operated business, providing mechanical services to the Edmonton and area. We provide installation, maintenance and repairs in HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical industries. Working with our teams to ensure that our services are integrated, providing compatible, efficient, and cost-effective results to out customers.
Joining a company is a little like joining a family – you spend most of your week there; share achievements, milestones, and challenges with your team; and look to your colleagues for support and comradery. That’s why we’ve established a work environment that feels like family, where team building is part of the culture, every person is valued equally, and everyone feels truly at home.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who embodies Safety Leadership, exhibits Family Values and has a passion for Continuous Improvement. If you are a customer driven Service Manager, with a focus on building customer relations and building teams then please submit your resume.
Why work for EDL?
- Collaborative work environment
- Owned and Operated in Edmonton, AB
- A respectful, collaborative environment where all voices are valued.
- 97% safer than others in the industry
- Company Paid Health, Dental and Vision Care Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Social Club
- RRSP Matching Program
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary
- Opportunity for growth and development through internal and external programs
- Health, Dental and Vision Care Benefits.
- Long Term Disability Insurance.
- RRSP Matching
Duties and Responsibilities Overview
- Building and growing client relationships by providing open and regular communication with all parties.
- Effectively resolving customer complainants and grievances, negotiations of contracts and disputes with customer base as they arise.
- Assist in the development, and improvement, of operational systems, processes, and policies.
- Prepare, evaluate and submit budget estimates, work progress, cost tracking reports, project timelines, work procedures, delays, and other relevant documentation.
- Deliver on deadlines and targets.
- Demonstrate ongoing leadership and professional ethical standards within the workplace.
- Responsible for maintaining, achieving, and/or increasing the departmental financials.
- Working with Human Resources participate in interviews, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work.
- Promote and maintain awareness and compliance of health and safety.
- Strive and offer flexible and helpful customer service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Working hours are 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday – Friday.
- Position involves working in an office setting, with the occasional site visit. This includes sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs and/or ladders (where required).
How to Apply
If you would like to join a company with a work environment that feels like family, where every person is valued equally, and everyone feels truly at home. You've come to the right place. Join Environmental Dynamics by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org