Environmental Dynamics Limited is a locally owned and operated multi-trade company that has provided services in the electrical, controls, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and data/voice cabling fields since 1977. We proudly provide service in the commercial sector, maintenance, and construction fields.
We Pride ourselves on our Family Values, Safety Leadership and Operational Excellence. We offer a competitive industry wages and company paid benefits program.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall functions of the Projects & Service departments. This position will be strategically aligned to increase Environmental Dynamic’s expansion and growth; focusing in the effective management of labour, productivity, quality control and safety measures. This job is full time based on 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 7:30 - 4:30). Our office is located in Edmonton, AB.
• Coach, support and drive a team of employees in Service, Projects, Safety and Fleet over multiple locations
• Work closely with General Manager and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation
• Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems
• Ensure operational activities remain on time and within defined budget
• Coordinating different teams to foster exchange of ideas and provide cross-team learning opportunities
• Promote and embody the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values
• Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
• Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
• Plan and review compensation action and performance management systems
• Authoring and discussing with employee’s performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards
• Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
• Working with Human Resources participate in interviews, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work;
• Position self as a resource for overall day-to-day function of the facility (or facilities); acting as a liaison for employees to ensure the overall continuation of business
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws
• Working with the Controller and General Manager; forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
• Assessing and analyzing departmental budgets to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profits
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures
• Working with the Fleet Coordinator, perform analysis of inventory and ensure we are utilizing it effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data and reduce sub-rental expenses
How to Apply
If you would like to join a company with a work environment that feels like family, where every person is valued equally, and everyone feels truly at home. You've come to the right place. Join Environmental Dynamics by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org