Environmental Dynamics Limited is a locally owned and operated multi-trade company that has provided services in the electrical, controls, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and data/voice cabling fields since 1977. We proudly provide service in the commercial sector, maintenance, and construction fields.
We Pride ourselves on our Family Values, Safety Leadership and Operational Excellence. We offer a competitive industry wages and company paid benefits program.
This dual role is a key component in the day to day operations of the company and is an integral part of the continued success of the business. Reporting to the General Manager the Office Manager/Service Coordinator will work with all business units including operations, sales, finance, and HR. The Office Manager/Service Coordinator is responsible for supporting company operations by maintaining office systems, supervising staff, dispatching, and providing exceptional customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be able to complete all service coordinator roles and responsibilities and provide assistance to the Service Coordinator; act as a dispatcher when required; be able to effectively assist and train all employees.
• Collaborate and communicate with the Service Coordinator to ensure work is being performed effectively and efficiently, as well as identifying areas of improvement with current work procedures.
• Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; maintaining filing systems; reviewing and approving office supply requisitions; maintaining phone services; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement; managing of company phone systems and acting as liaison between the office and the IT department.
• Maintains office policies by partnering with Human Resources to establish standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments as required.
• Partner with Business Development to complete maintenance contracts and create task lists for field employees.
• Assist Human Resources with recruiting, hiring and on-boarding of new office employees.
• Ensure top performance from office staff by providing regular coaching and mentoring; planning, monitoring, and evaluating performance results.
• Handling internal employee complaints and grievances, seeking assistance from Human Resources when needed.
• Planning and coordinate events and meetings by organizing facility space, invitee list, catering, equipment and assisting in day of duties.
• Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
• Strive and offer flexible and helpful customer service, to both internal and external customers, to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and repeat business. Use immediate, proactive, and effective communication with customers at all times.
• Deliver on deadlines and targets, and should deadlines or targets not be achievable in the given time frame, immediately advise and communicate status with all stakeholders.
• Demonstrate ongoing professional ethical standards within the workplace.
• Other duties as required.
What we look for:
• Proven office management and administrative experience
• Dispatch experience is considered an asset
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
How to Apply
If you would like to join a company with a work environment that feels like family, where every person is valued equally, and everyone feels truly at home. You've come to the right place. Join Environmental Dynamics by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com